Did you know that mindfulness has a “regulating effect on the nervous system” ( Janina Fisher, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors). What that means essentially is that practicing mindfulness… helps bring peace and grounding and energy to your mind and body!
AND, as mentioned in my Beginner’s Guide to Mindfulness, building mindfulness is like growing a muscle–it develops and strengthens through practice.
This is a running list of mindfulness resources. Let’s shower ourselves with mindfulness– and grow our mindfulness muscle together!!
- For a great (free) introduction to mindfulness meditation (that is 10 minutes a day for 7 days), check out Sarah Blondin’s intro course on the app, Insight Timer. Sarah also has a free podcast of guided meditations, the podcast is called Live Awake.
- Dr. Thema Bryant-Davis : Listen to these guided meditations by Dr. Thema Bryant-Davis! Stop Stressing (Stillness Meditation) and Breath Meditation (Christian Mindfulness). Both are about 10 minutes.
- Headspace: an incredible app specifically designed to help grow and build mindfulness.
- Jon Kabat-Zinn is a present-day mindfulness guru. His book, Wherever You Go There You Are, is all about how to grow in mindfulness in the everyday.
- Thich Nhat Hanh is a Zen master known for his work on mindfulness, peace, and global ethics.
- En español! No sé si sabe eso, pero espero que dar la terapía en español un día!! Hay muchos recursos en español sobre “mindfulness” (se dice “la atención plena”): aquí está uno de los recursos introductorios 🙂